The mission of the society is spreading interest in the subject of orofacial facial pain disorders among dentists, and the general public, and following up on scientific developments in the field of Orofacial Pain at the level of the Arab world:
Increase the scientific and professional awareness of medical and dental professionals of the Orofacial pian in the Arab world.
Gathering colleagues, specialists, and interested in this field from all Arab countries within this society.
Developing strong cooperation between members of the society and international academies such as the AAOP and EAOPD.
Any dentist specializing in the following specializations can be an active member of this association:
Orofacial pain and sleep disorders.
Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
The Society seeks to achieve these goals by the following means:
1. Holding periodic conferences at least once every two years.
2. Holding lectures and seminars, and establishing seminars to exchange information and experiences, among practitioners, in the field of orofacial pain.
3. Providing scientific advice on the subject of orofacial pain in the professional setting, scientific and legal institutions.
4. Organizing training courses to qualify colleagues who wish to treat oral and facial pain, as well as those who wish to develop their skills in this field, as well as supervise these courses.
5. Working on issuing a special magazine and supporting scientific research in the field of Orofacial Pain.
6. Work to establish and supervise continuing education programs in the field of Orofacial Pain.
7. Organizing participation in international conferences and meetings.
8. Working to increase pre-doctoral education in the field of orofacial pain in Arab universities.
Founding Board of the Arab Association for Orofacial Pain