The AAOP Research Grants Committee welcomes applications for funding in 2021.
Studies for which funds are sought should further the basic and/or clinical science of orofacial pain (especially non-odontogenic pain). The grant limit per study is $5000.
Funds may be used for:
- Research materials
- Payments to patients
- Statistical analyses
Please email all application materials to email@example.com.
A complete application includes the following:
- AAOP Research Grant Application Form (download from this web page)
- Description of study
- Use 11 or 12 point font and standard (1-inch) margins
- Do not exceed 6 pages in length (excluding references)
- Include the following sections:
- Background and relevance of project to the field of orofacial pain
- Study design, materials and methods (including statistical analyses)
- Anticipated outcomes
- Detailed budget describing how grant funds will be used
Please note that only complete applications will be considered by the Research Grants Committee.
Application Process & Timeline
The Research Grants Committee reviews applications annually. Submissions for the upcoming review session are due by May 10, 2021. Applicants whose submissions are accepted for review will be notified by email. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
There are 3 possible outcomes of the review process. The committee may elect to:
- Fund the project
- Decline to fund the project
- Request that the applicant revise the protocol and re-submit for supplementary review
Applicants will be notified by June 14, 2021 as to which outcome applies to their submissions.
Applicants who are invited to revise and re-submit for supplementary review will be given two weeks to re-submit. If the revised protocol is not received in that time then the applicant may submit the project for the following year’s review session.
The applicant’s professional status/affiliations will be considered in the review process, prioritized as follows:
- Residents and Fellows in CODA-approved Orofacial Pain postdoctoral programs
- Junior faculty members (less than 5 years) in Orofacial Pain programs
- AAOP members